Support Group Set
The Heart Healthy Support Group set offers venues for patients, spouses or partners of patients to share their experiences about their health. The program includes diagnosis-specific support group options such as Cardiomyopathy/ICD group, Atrial Fibrillation group, Coronary Disease group, Diabetes group, and Obesity Group.
- Group facilitation by heart patients/spouses and or professional counselors.
- Focus is on support, transcending feelings of isolation, depression etc.
- Discuss participant progress and challenges, inspire hope through example participant cases from those who have succeeded in the transformation to heart healthy lifestyles.
- Support emotional intimacy and build new friendships.
- Offered in weekly or bi-weekly/monthly group meetings.
- Discussion groups led by either a counselor or individuals who have advanced successfully in the program.
- Access through periodic group sessions with an anticipated duration based on participant needs including a target of a one year period which can be extended beyond.